08.10.2020 – Lockdown Contingency Plan
At this time, we are doing everything we can to keep children safe and support their attendance at school. However, we feel it is important to have a plan in place if a national or local lockdown is applied.
In event of a lockdown, which would prevent some or all pupils attending, we would take the following actions:
- A Parent Mail and text message would be sent to all parents and carers to advise that school is closed.
- Teachers would phone parents and carers during the school day to discuss plans for their child’s learning at home.
- Resources, activities and curriculum (Blended Curriculum) would be made available on the school website.
- If possible, staff would make weekly home visits
- We would keep you up-dated as guidelines changed and restrictions lifted
- We would inform you if we become aware that your child had been in contact with a confirmed case in the 14 day period prior to lockdown
Parents and Carers
To support home learning please:
- Access your child’s class page on the school website
- Support your child to complete the tasks and activities set by the class teacher
- Email your child’s teacher regular up-dates and photos (these may be published on the class website page, if you are happy for us to do so)
- Discuss with your child’s teacher any support or resources you need to help your child access learning
- Contact us if you are struggling in any way or feel your child’s wellbeing is at risk
- Contact us if your child tests positive for Covid 19
- Keep in touch
111 for NHS information and advice about symptoms
119 to book a test
01623 792671 Fountaindale School
07572263495 to text or leave a message for school, outside of school hours
02.10.2020 – September Bulletin
Dear Parents and Carers,
This term has been a whirlwind and we cannot believe we have already completed our first month of this new school year.
We continue our efforts to provide all of our pupils with an exciting curriculum to engage them in learning and support their progress. Please take a look at your child’s class page on the website, where you will find lots of information about what has been happening in class.
Parent School Partnership
We very much value the continued support we receive from all our families. The care and encouragement you give to support your children’s learning journey is very much recognised and appreciated.
To further support this partnership we have developed a plan of events and activities to provide a range of opportunities for you to enjoy and share with your child.
Please see the plan below.
We hope you find the activities entertaining and we look forward to receiving photos (or samples) of the delicious muffins you create with your child.
If you would like to share a photo of your beloved pet to include in our website gallery, please email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your child’s class teacher will be in touch with you shortly to provide further information about the harvest hamper, book of the term and any other events.
If you have any ideas for workshops or activities, please email me at email@example.com
Please be assured we are doing everything possible to make the school a Covid safe environment for your child. An individual risk assessment has been completed for every child and young person in the school, plus a whole school risk assessment. We constantly review our practice to ensure we are up-to-date and following all guidelines.
The children and young people of Fountaindale have amazed us with their positive response to changes in school life and have adapted wonderfully.
As always, we promote good attendance, we are grateful for the support parents and carers provide in helping their child to attend regularly, and for keeping us informed when they are unable to attend. We appreciate the guidelines around when your child needs to stay at home are a little confusing, at the moment. The flow chart information below provides further helpful information.
If your child or member of your household tests positive for Corona Virus, please let us know immediately. This we help us to promptly take the necessary steps to limit the spread of the virus in school and notify those that have come into direct contact.
Outside of school hours please email:
Alternatively you can text or leave a message on 07572263495
24.09.2020 – Message from Interim Executive Headteacher
22.09.2020 – Residential Proposal
The County Council’s Children and Young People’s Committee agreed on Monday 21 September to consult on the proposal to close Fountaindale Special School’s residential unit. The consultation will take place between Tuesday 22 September and Tuesday 3 November 2020.
17.09.2020 – TikTok
We have been made aware that automatic links to video of a suicide are being triggered by some YouTube and TikTok programmes. These scenes are very traumatic. The links activate automatically at any point during viewing of other innocent content.